Sunday, June 22, 2008
Home in less than 48 hours!!!!!!
I can´t believe that my trip is coming to an end. I can´t wait to be home!!!! All of us are sooo ready to come back to the US. I am constantly thinking about the day that I left and how nervous I was...I also try to think about what I had imagined Spain would be like. It is far more beautiful than I ever imagined...but like with everything, the novelty has worn off. On Friday, I officially graduated from school in Alicante!!! We celebrated my birthday the night before at 12. The girls here sang Happy Birthday to me at 12. Sometime during that night, I lost my keys to my house and was really upset because I thought my mom here was going to be very mad. After searching all over Alicante for them, I ended up sleeping in an extra bed in one of my friend´s houses. In the morning, I went back to my house, hoping that my roommate would be leaving and would be able to let me in. She let me in and I didn´t tell me mom. I went to the second half of school and told one of my teachers. She called my mom and told her what happened. she also told her that I had come to school very upset and crying. I went to the beach that day and when I got home that night, my mom gave me another set of keys. She wasn´t upset but lectured me about how I have to be careful with my things...and that if the keys had had the address of their house on it, then that would have been alot worse. That night for dinner, we had frozen and then microwaved stuffed shells...very nice birthday dinner...haha. We went out that night...but it sucked because no one could agree on somewhere to go and everyone had an attitude. Me and another girl got annoyed and went home. Saturday, we went to the beach all day and had spaghetti bolognese for dinner. We went out at night and it was alot of fun. Today, we went to the beach again and just bought tickets for a bull fight tomorrow night a 6:30. After the fight, we are going to go out for our last dinner in Spain. My birthday here was alright...didn´t do anything special and it really didn´t feel like my birthday. I would have much rather been home to celebrate..but at least I can say that I celebrated my 21st birthday in Spain..haha. The fiesta that is happening this weekend is alot different than we thought it would be. There is not alot to do unless you live in Alicante and have rented a table in one of he barrachas...which are like sectioned off parts of the street where you can drink and eat and dance. We have been going to free concerts where they actually play Spanish music...all they listen to here is Madonna, Rihanna, and Justin Timberlake...alllll American music. A short funny story for you before I end my last blog....yesterday morning I opened the fridge in my house and there was a dead bunny just sitting on a plate. There was still fur on its feet but the whole thing was still intact (eyeballs and everything) and bloody. Needless to say, they had rabbi paella for lunch that day....thank God I was not home!!!! My roommate said that our dad ate the head and sucked the eyeballs out. She said that she had to leave the table because she thought that she was going to throw up. haha You would have loved it Dad!!! Now that I have tried mussels and sepia, I am going to be expecting you to cook that for me when I get home POPS!!!! haha Alright, well that is all. I can´t wait to get back to the United States to celerate my birthday!!! Love you all!!!! Thank you for all the support and help that you have given me throughout this whole experience!! I seriously could not have done it without you!!! I feel bad because I am always talking about how amazing my family is...I think everyone else is jealous!!! LOOOVEEE YOUUU and can´t wait to see you!!! xoxo
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I can't wait for you to be home (=
Post a Comment